bestLog: EU Logistics and Supply Chain Management Best Practices Platform
The aim of the project is to establish a publicly accessible Europe-wide logistics and SCM best practice platform for the international and cross-sectoral exchange of “good” logistics solutions. On the one hand, these will be used to create standards for a European logistics sustainability certificate, and on the other hand, they will be incorporated into logistics education and training to promote sustainable competitiveness in Europe. After the end of the project, the platform will continue to exist as a non-profit and self-financing institution.
The goals in detail:
- Harmonisation of people, environment and profit in the target system of companies.
- Provision of best practice case studies for companies of different sizes and sectors to enable users to implement best practice management across departments or companies.
- Building a network of experts through cross-sectoral, international workshops
- Efficient transport to reduce externalities
- Europe-wide dissemination of logistics competence in logistics practice and logistics education by compiling best practice case studies
- Creation of standards
- Creation of economic growth and employment as a long-term consequence
- Initiation of solutions for the harmonisation of legal regulations and corporate decisions
If transport continues to grow at the same rate as the economy,this will become both an economic and an environmental problem.lncreasingly congested roads are as much a disadvantage to European business as they are to society at large. The bestlog project, initiated by the European Commission, will establish an exchange platform for the improvement of supply chain management practice across Europe.
- To improve logistics practice and logistics education
- To raise the overall standards of practice across Europe
- To set high standards for logistics education and practice
- To create economic growth and job opportunities as a result
- Achieve a better match between EC policy and business decisions
Solutions & Activities
European platform for sharing logistics best practice
- Online directory of logistics best practice case studies
- Online directory of European logistics education opportunities
- Benchmarking on line for European companies
- European conferences to share logistics best practice
- Web forum, award directory, media directory, and more
- Industry workshops
- European Logistics Association
- Mettle Consulting
- Istituto Tecnologico de Embalaje,Transporte y Logistica
- Oxford University, Saïd Business School
- Universität St. Gallen, Lehrstuhl für Logistikmanagement
- Chalmers University
- Warsaw School of Economics
- Reliant s.r.l.
01.02.2006 – 31.01.2010